help-gnustep

Re: .Net and Distribute Objects

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: .Net and Distribute Objects
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 14:56:35 +0100

On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 01:00 PM, José María Ruiz Aguilera wrote:

Some phylosophical questions:

a) Distribute Objects looks like very similar to .Net concept... Is this true?

Vaguely ... both deal with distributed services.

b) With all this software movement to big, complex architectures, to make more productive the enterprises (J2EE, .NET, MONO...) What about GNUstep concept? Is it obsolete? We look like a moskito fighting with an elephant.

I don't think it's obsolete ... DO is simpler, easier to use, and very flexible ... which implies to me that the others are obsolete. Of course you can build bridges if you need to interoperate
with the other technologies.