help-gnustep

Re: Link to C++ library

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Link to C++ library
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:14:46 -0700

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:07:51 -0400
"Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@hotmail.com> wrote:
>   I got confused.
>   I have a /usr/lib/libobjc.a, come with FreeBSD 4.6.

This one belongs to the "original" gcc 2.95.3 that comes preinstalled.

>   And a /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386.../3.0.4/libobjc.a,
>   come with GCC 3.0.4.

If/when installed from ports.

>   If I remove the /usr/lib/libobjc.a, it will complain no objc.
>   If I add the gcc-lib into the libraries, it can't links to C++
>   library.

Did you install 3.0.4 with WANT_THREADS_SUPPORT ?

>   Which one should I use ?

The one for the gcc you installed GNUstep 'with'. You probably installed
GNUstep with the preinstalled 2.95.3, that does not have a working objc
environment, hence, you will need to install gnustep-objc, either from
GNUstep CVS or from /usr/ports/lang/gnustep-objc.

I would recommend to get the CVS and modify the compile-all script to
use gcc 304, though.

Btw. you should set CC=gcc and CXX=g++

--
Chris