help-gnustep

Re: [newbie] Recursive GNUmakefile

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: [newbie] Recursive GNUmakefile
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:07:06 -0800

On 2002-11-11 11:40:03 -0800 Sébastien Pierre <spierre@altern.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile an application I wrote on OSX under GNUstep. I
> encounter problems with the makefile system as my sources are organised in
> subfolders, as following:
> - Sources/main.m
>       Core/blah.m
>       Utilities/foo.m
> Putting all the sources files in the OBJC_FILES (like Sources/main.m
> Sources/Core/blah.m ...) does not work properly.
> How should I write my makefile to support my Source tree ?

I use a similar setup, and my GNUmakefile looks like

    include ($GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
[...]
    project_HEADERS = Source/main.h Source/foo/bar.h
    project_OBJC_FILES = Source/main.m Source/foo/bar.m
[...]
    include ($GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/aggregate.make
    include ($GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/<type of program>.make

<type of program> is either 'tool' or 'application'.

Hope that helps,

--
Chris