help-gnustep

Re: NSActionCell help

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: NSActionCell help
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 20:04:48 -0700

Ok, never mind, figured it out. I love this API, it is so logical. Having the sources helps out a LOT too. I actually went through NSMatrix.m and saw how it handles mouse events for myself, too cool!

My Dock app is coming along smoothly and quickly, gotta love it.

Chad

Chad Hardin wrote:

Ok, never mind. I used NSMatrix doubleClick target/action setup. It wasn't working before because I did not put the : in the @selector(). That's why I was scratching my head why my action wasn't being called.

So, now I can query NSMatrix to figure out which cell was double clicked. Can someone tel me the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Chad

Chad Hardin wrote:

Ok, looking for some help here.

I have an NSMatrix full of DockTileCell's, which are subclassed from
NSActionCell.  I'm doing everything progranatically, no GORM or
anything.  I want to handle mouse clicks in my DockTileCell's.  I know
and understand that I can use the NSCell startTrackingAt and variants to
see where the mouse is moving, no problem there, I am getting those.
 However, how would I set it up so that I can detect double clicks in my
cells?  I see that NSMatrix has the setDoubleAction, but I'm not really
sure how to set it up, as I'm doing this stuff programatically.   Maybe
I should reimplement trackMouse:inRect:ofView:untilMouseUp instead of
NSMatrix's setDoubleAction? Can someone help me with this?

Much apreciated!

Chad