help-gnustep

Re: makefiles

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: makefiles
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:01:42 -0600

On Sep 14, 2004, at 2:39 AM, Thomas Gamper wrote:

Hi!

I need to modify the ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS variable (add some compiler options) in dependency of a flag in ADDITIONAL_CPPFLAGS. Is there any way to modify the ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS variable in the GNUstep.postamble, actually in the
rule before-all::? I tried, but I wasn't able to add something to

I'm not sure why you want to change flags in a rule. Perhaps an example would help. The only way to do this is to rerun make inside the rule, like this:

myrule:
        $(MAKE) ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS=-Wall some_subrule

but that would probably make the Makefile unnecessarily complicated and there's probably a better way to do it.