help-gnustep

Re: Installation setenv problem on Mandrake 10.1

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Installation setenv problem on Mandrake 10.1
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:31:18 -0700

On Jan 31, 2005, at 8:09 AM, Mark Petryk wrote:

I have worked through the installation docs and managed to get gnustep pulled down from the cvs, compiled and installed (as far as I can tell). When I attempt to run '. GNUstep' from the Makefiles directory, i get the following errors:

[mark@mhs1 Makefiles]$ . GNUstep.csh
bash: setenv: command not found
bash: setenv: command not found
bash: setenv: command not found
bash: GNUstep.csh: line 89: syntax error near unexpected token `('
bash: GNUstep.csh: line 89: `foreach dir ( `/bin/sh -c 'IFS=:; for i in ${GNUSTEP_PATHLIST}; do echo $i; done'` )'

Since you are using bash ( a sh variant), you need to use the .sh version of the GNUstep script:

. GNUstep.sh