help-gnustep

Russian characters display and input problem

From: Ivan V. Usenko
Subject: Russian characters display and input problem
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:55:43 +0200

Hi All!

I've got a nasty problem: I'm unable to type any Russian characters into any gnustep application, neither do russian filenames show up correctly. Interesting enough, some keys yield more than one gibberish char on display; cursor in the input box also shows weird behaviour. (Please see attached screenshot). I don't think it's a font problem, since all the fonts installed on my system are cyrillic (koi8-r and cp1251). Gnustep is configured to use X backend.

So far I've been unable to google anything useful :( . Someone please help me !

[evil@ishtar evil] set | grep KOI
GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING=NSKOI8RStringEncoding
LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R
[cut]

--
ИАА "Новый Регион -- Крым": Качественная дезинформация из первых рук !

JPEG image