help-gnustep

Re: hi, "gnustep" please help me ...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: hi, "gnustep" please help me ...
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:38:33 -0600

On Sep 12, 2005, at 8:58 AM, okay padak wrote:

system, console came again, then we entered the command of startix, and X started. but, when the system opened, there was tis note. CRITICAL ERROR: unable to contact GDNC server. Please check that the GDNC process in running.
 We have some questions to you.

What version of GNUstep do you have? What computer system are you using?

Most likely you should start up these tools before you start an application (for instance, in a .xsession file)

gdomap
gdnc
gpbs

See, for instance, http://gnustep.made-it.com/BuildGuide/#GNUSTEP.SERVICES for more explanation. If you can't do that, then there is another problem with your system, so we wil need the full error messages as well.

Also, please ask these questions on the appropriate GNUstep mailing list

http://www.gnustep.org/information/gethelp.html