help-gnustep

Re: porting code that uses NSSocketPort

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: porting code that uses NSSocketPort
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:02:35 +0100

On 2005-09-15 04:27:42 +0100 Morgan Giddings <giddings@unc.edu> wrote:

Hi
I have a command-line app I am trying to port from Mac OS X to GNUStep. It makes extensive use of NSSocketPort. I'm running into troubles, because it appears that the class interface definition for NSPort under GNUStep is different than in Cocoa.

Yes ... it says in the documentation ... 'Note that this class is incompatible with the latest OS X version.'

That's because the GNUstep class is a lot older than the MacOS-X class, and implements the behavior of OpenStep/NeXTstep ports (which simulate the behavior of Mach ports).

You are probably better off using NSFileHandle.