help-gnustep

Is GNOME killing all gnustep apps?

From: Keeron Ögren
Subject: Is GNOME killing all gnustep apps?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:09:03 +0200

This is strange - seems like a major bug on gnome - or it might just be a feature. If i make a starter on the gnome panel with a "open GNUMail" as a example - it never works. Strange enough - if i change the windowmanager to windowmaker - since the dock app normaly works in windowmaker - it dosent work. That is - runing windowmaker and gnome - standalone windowmaker works. Seems like something simular in KDE. Personaly i hate both windowmaker and gnome - but - theres a lot of people out there that wants to use gnome - and to be honest - there is not mutch to chose from.

You can open a terminal and run aps without any problem - but launching the app is imposible - perhaps its the session manager - the most strange thing is that I cant find a single note about this on the web -

I tested on fedora core 4, gnome 2.10 , gnustep 1.10.

KIdo
elnot
ellike
rlto