help-gnustep

Re: More info on gdomap/gdnc error

From: Xavier Guérin
Subject: Re: More info on gdomap/gdnc error
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:58:15 +0000 (UTC)

Birch Browning <birch.browning <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:

> I'm running gentoo.The suggestion to add:defaults write NSGlobalDomain
NSPortIsMessagePort NOdoes result in the applications being run as a regular
user. There is an error report:NSSocketPortNameServer unable to unregister
'Ink'.While it does work now (which will result in fewer emails to the list),
this doesn't seem like the correct behavior as I did not need the defaults line
before, and I don't know what possible consequences might arise I later ( the
theory of unexpected consequences).Thanks for the help.Adam Fedor <fedor <at>
doc.com> wrote: On 2006-08-29 17:58:24 -0600 Birch Browning  wrote:> Sorry for
the traffic ...> > Some additional
>  information gathered from scouring the bug list:> What system were you
running on again?.browning <at> sbcglobal.net>