help-gnustep

Trouble Running GNUStep on Windows XP

From: michael
Subject: Trouble Running GNUStep on Windows XP
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone. Recently I installed GNUStep to help me
get some of my projects to cross-compile between
Windows and Mac OS X. I think that something went
wrong somewhere along the line because ProjectCenter
and Gorm do not work properly. The package I installed
was GNUstep-base-1.13.1-gui-0.11.0.exe and I built
ProjectCenter-0.4.3 and Gorm-1.2.1. When I run
ProjectCenter, it doesn't display any buttons or
windows and I get these errors:

[3112]Exception Occured while loading model: attempt
to set non property list object for key (BundlePaths)
[3112]Failed to Gorm
[3112]Could not load Gorm file
C:\GNUStep/System/Applications/ProjectCenter.app/Resources/ProjectCenter.gorm
[3112]Cannot load the main model file
`ProjectCenter.gorm`

When I run Gorm, it seems to work until I make a new
application. The window is unresponsive and I can't
drag and drop any widgets on it without getting a "No
Active Document Error". It reports these exceptions:

[120] Exception occured while loading model: expected
object and got unsigned char
[120] Failed to load Gorm
[120] Could not load Gorm file:
C:\GNUstep/System/Applications/Gorm.app/Resources/English.lproj/GormDocument.gorm
[120] NSWindowController could not load nib named
GormDocument.nib.

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything or if I need a
different build, but it definately doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Michael

photos & more.