help-gnustep

Re: ProjectCenter can't find font

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter can't find font
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:04:39 +0100

Malcolm Herring wrote:
> I have just built and installed GNUStep on both an i386 & a ppc Linux system
> (Fedora 8). ProjectCenter on i386 works fine, but the ppc build always gives
> the warning: "The font specified for NSUserFixedPithFont, Courier, can't be
> found". It then uses a proportional-space font in the edit window.
>
> I have tried over-riding Courier via a "defaults" setting, but it then can't
> find that font either.

Most likely you are using the default setup of GNUstep, that means you
are using the art graphical backend. This comes packaged with just the
Hevletica font. You will need to install other fonts as nfont packages
to be able to use. One way to get them is to install the following RPM:

them.http://www.rstonehouse.co.uk/extras/gnustep-1.13/openSUSE_10.2/ArtResources-0.1.2-1020.1.i586.rpm

Hope this helps,
Fred

PS: How do you expect to get any answers when you use a non-working mail
address?