help-gnustep

gnustartup

From: Ala Saket
Subject: gnustartup
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 13:08:04 +0300

I am trying to install gnu using the steps on  http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Installation_on_Windows#Install_MinGW however when I am in gnu-startup-0.28.0 and want to run ./installgnustep, I keep getting the following messages and error:

configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: Saket/GNUstep
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type: Saket/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-gsnd
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `A.': machine `A.' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh /cygdrive/c/mygnu/gnustep/msys/1.0/home/install/gnustep-startup-0.28.0/config.sub A. failed
There was a problem checking the configuration of you system.
One possible cause is that you do not have a C or Objective-C
compiler on your system
Please see the instructions that came with your operating system
for installing the GNU GCC compiler and installing a developer
system for compiling programs
cp: cannot stat `setupvars': No such file or directory
If you don't understand something or think a test is in error,
please email bug-gnustep@gnu.org and send the /cygdrive/c/mygnu/gnustep/msys/1.0/home/install/gnustep-startup-0.28.0/build/logs.tar.gz file

The path i'm in is /c/mygnu/gnustep/msys/1.0/home/install/gnustep-startup-0.28.0/
my computer or user name is : Ala A. Saket (which i think might be the problem)
I tried installing from a msys shell as well as a cygwin shell but i'm getting the same message.
I ran ./configure and didn't get any error messages (that i could see at least).

What do i need to do?

I have already tried installing using the system, core & dev .exe installers, and setup make, base, gui and back,  but when i tried compiling fraction.m i got the error that foundation/NSobject is not a valid file or directory, which apparently is a problem a lot of people have when trying to run GNUstep on windows.

Thanks!

Ala