help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] Re: Build gnutls on windows

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] Re: Build gnutls on windows
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:57:38 +0200

On Mon, 19. Sep 2005, 23:45:41 +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Can you test whether:
>
> http://josefsson.org/daily/gnutls/gnutls-20050919.tar.gz
>
> build correctly for you?

It does not, but the changes required to make it build correctly are
small:

The first patch removes 'char *program_name = "gnutls";' from
lib/gnutls_global.c. This apparently reverts a change from 2005-08-30.
I did not get the missing symbols error afterwards. When does it cause
problems for you?

The second patch changes the example code in doc/examples:
1. Replace bzero with memset.
2. Don't use mmap (this is the same change that was done in src/cli.c).
3. Include a different header on WIN32.
4. Use inet_ntoa instead of inet_ntop on WIN32.
But maybe it would be better to disable compilation of the examples on
Win32 instead of cluttering example code with #ifdefs.
The changes 1 and 2 may be useful nevertheless; I can send a patch with
only these changes if you wish.

With these patches, the following works on a Debian machine with the
mingw32 packages:
$ ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --prefix=/tmp/t
$ make
$ make install

A quick test with mpop compiled against the resulting library did not
show problems.

Martin