help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] IDN and TLS certificates

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: [Help-gnutls] IDN and TLS certificates
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:31:11 +0100

Hi!

I'm not sure how to handle Internationalized Domain Names when verifying
TLS certificates.

As I understand, a TLS certificate for räksmörgås.josefßon.example
should contain the value "xn--rksmrgs-5wao1o.josefsson.example" in a
subjectAltName field of type DNS, therefore an application should first
translate "räksmörgås.josefßon.example" to
"xn--rksmrgs-5wao1o.josefsson.example" before calling
gnutls_x509_crt_check_hostname(). Is this correct?

Regards,
Martin