help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] How to restrict certification path length

From: Sascha Ziemann
Subject: [Help-gnutls] How to restrict certification path length
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:03:16 +0100

Hi,

is it possible to specify the maximum certification path length in a
configuration file for certtool? Internet explorer reports the path
length of certificates made by certtool as unlimited.

I have a Root CA, which signs an Issuer CA, and an Issuer CA , which
signs client and server certificates. I would like to restrict the path
length of the Root CA to two and the path length of the issuer CA to one
in order to avoid any hacks made with the client or server certificates.

Regards,
Ziemann