help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] Diffie Hellman

From: Martin Knappe
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] Diffie Hellman
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:48:41 +0100

Yeah, you see that explanation doesnt really make sense. The parameters are generated when gnutls_dh_params_generate2 is called, and this function also has a DH_BITS, so I don't see the point in specifying the parameter width again in a separate function.

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Lennart Koopmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday 03 November 2008 14:14:11 you wrote:
> I don't see how all this makes sense:
>
> The number of DH prime bits is established on a call to
> gnutls_dh_params_generate2 (dh_params, DH_BITS);
> This is when the prime and generator are generated.

That's true. Sorry my reply was quite unspecific about that.
But as far as I understand gnutls_dh_params_generate2() generates the pair of
prime and generator, while gnutls_dh_set_prime_bits() sets a minimum DH size
for a conversation. I did not test it, but this might enable you to allow
different DH sizes in different conversations.

I am handing over to the GnuTLS experts! ;)