help-gnutls

TLS_RSA_NULL_MD5

From: Nathan Redden
Subject: TLS_RSA_NULL_MD5
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 00:57:36 +0000

I have been implementing a TLS 1.2 implementation using the GnuTLS library.  I have a requirement to be able to use no data encryption.  The cipher suite TLS_RSA_NULL_MD5 is listed in the supported cipher suites, but I cannot figure out how to force GnuTLS to only negotiate this.  I have tried all of the Common keywords and eliminated all ciphers and starting from NONE adding in the key exchange, compression, and MAC.  I have tried compatibility mode as well.

The handshake will either negotiate a cipher suite with a cipher or fail, I cannot determine a method to force TLS_RSA_NULL_MD5 to be selected.

Thanks for the help,
Nathan Redden
Application Developer
Convergent Communications Inc (CCI)