help-gnutls

Verify MD2 algorithm signed certificates

From: liuxiaoyu
Subject: Verify MD2 algorithm signed certificates
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:02:20 +0800

Hi,

I am attemping to verify some MD2 algorithm signed certificates using GnuTLS 2.6.3.

I notice it says in the GnuTLS manual that MD2 algorithms have been broken and should not be trusted, but flag "GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_SIGN_RSA_MD2" can be used with verification functions "guntls_x509_crt_verify()" to allow certificates to be signed using the old MD2 algorithm.

However, when I used the following function call it still return "GNUTLS_CERT_INVALID".

 gnutls_x509_crt_verify (crt, ca_list, ca_list_size,
    GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_X509_V1_CA_CRT | GNUTLS_VERIFY_ALLOW_SIGN_RSA_MD2, &output);

I have attached the certificates I used. Zip password: guntls

Is there any problem in the certificates? Any advise on what I should do to make it work?

Thanks and Regards,
Sean