help-gnutls

Re: gnutls_record_check_pending() issue in GNUTLS 3.0.3 ??

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: gnutls_record_check_pending() issue in GNUTLS 3.0.3 ??
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:56:57 +0100

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
This is weird, I reduced my receive calls to
peekLen = (long) gnutls_record_recv (esmtpInfo.gnutls.session, esmtpInfo.gnutls.ringBuffer.data, 8);
Yes, 8 bytes at a time ....  gnutls_record_check_pending()still does not work. It gets called after every complete line of response is received.
Again, runs fine without it.
I would hate to have to put a mandatory sleep after every smtp command, prior to looking for a response.

I don't fully understand your issue. Why do you have to put a sleep? Moreover I don't know your code, thus I cannot understand why you see that behavior. Try doing the following:
client: gnutls_record_send(1024 bytes)

server: gnutls_record_recv(4 bytes)
gnutls_record_check_pending() should return 1020.

(please keep the mailing list in CC)

regards,
Nikos