help-gnuts

[Help-gnuts] cliff

From: Meredith Slater
Subject: [Help-gnuts] cliff
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 03:16:59 -0500

Grothé and the Greek sergeant saw me off. But I cant leave at four oclock; I have no money. Thecoats had dirty brass buttons, covered with verdigris, and buttons ofother materials. They were all ajolly lot and immediately insisted upon treating to drinks.
The next train isat four oclock, and you must get your new outfit for France first.
At that moment Grothéhimself came up: They say you are going to Lyons. The medicalauthorities had not yet arrived to give them their papers, or someother excuse was made. In the morning my shack companions trooped out and washed at the pump.
On each sidethere were some beds, and the rest was empty space.
Otherwise, I should have totravel third class, as my military pass prescribed.
They were all ajolly lot and immediately insisted upon treating to drinks. About a dozenmen could be bedded on each platform.
They wereapathetic, sullen, worn-out by pain and suffering, and only longed fortheir discharge. Any way I must getyou ready so that you can leave by the four oclock train for Oran.
The strange looking crevices in their head made one marvelat the dexterity of the physicians. The strange looking crevices in their head made one marvelat the dexterity of the physicians.
How to get away was thetopic of conversation.
No attempt was made to keep the clothes clean or topolish the boots.
The days in this placewere living nightmares, and the nights horrible deliriums. I made a note ofthe supplementary fare I should have to pay for second, and went insearch of money. Kindly butdull they were; they looked opulent, the war was throwing fortune intotheir arms.
His son wasa full-fledged Frenchman, whose career was the army. And then they spoke of the admirableway some had deserted. Kindly butdull they were; they looked opulent, the war was throwing fortune intotheir arms.