g++ compile/link on Sun

From: Miller, Herb D (N-Raytheon)
Subject: g++ compile/link on Sun
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 06:44:54 -0800

Where is the best place to find out how to compile and link a simple (hello
world) program using g++ on a Sun machine.  I have found several g++ include
paths, and several g++ libraries.  I don't really need the basic syntax.
What I really need is how to know which version of the compiler to use with
which version of the operating system and which library to link to.  Is
there a compatibility list somewhere that matches these all up.
Thanks,
Herb Miller
herbmiller@usa.net