Operator overloading and adding two arrays using that method

From: Cyanide Calcuterm
Subject: Operator overloading and adding two arrays using that method
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:25:06 -0800

Looking over at a few source code examples on the net and in my textbook I am
baffled why g++ seems so intent on preventing me doing the following:

IntegerSet operator+(const IntergerSet& s1, const IntegerSet& s2)
{
   IntegerSet result;
   for(int m=0; m<501, m++)
   {
     result.set[m]=s1.set[m]+s2.set[m];
   }
   return result;
}

where set is a public function:
float set[501];

I am wondering why in blue blazes it seems to be possible yet I get this error
in g++:

'IntegerSet::operator +(const Integerset &, IntegerSet &)'

must take either zero or one argument

this is with egcs-2.91.66

Is this possible with a work around? I have to use operator overloading to add
two arrays but this seems to not work in the least.

Hey you! Claim your FREE anonymous email account:
Click Here -> http://www.anonymous.to