an answer for one question, and one to replace it :)

From: Brent Phillips
Subject: an answer for one question, and one to replace it :)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 21:28:33 -0800

Hi,

Isn't it amazing how one can fight a problem for hours, and then the answer
arrives 5 minutes after asking for help? :) Anyhow, here's the answer...

LmMessageReader.cpp:40: ISO C++ forbids taking the address of a
non-static member function to form a pointer to member function.  Say
`&LmMessageReader::handle_SMsg_RecvMesg'

I just had to change the pointer to add

&<classname>::<method name>

Anyhow, I also noticed that it's no longer legal to declare an assignment
operator but not define it (a trick I liked to use to ensure that anyone
that accidentally used the overloaded = would get a link error.) Was there
a reason for this? Is there another way to achieve the same effect?

thanks in advance

Brent