Problem on Solaris with pthread_create

From: William Main
Subject: Problem on Solaris with pthread_create
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:42:18 -0500

Folks-
        This was the closest list I could find to my question, if it needs
redirecting please point the way.

        I am running gcc on Solaris 5.7 sparc (details at end on versions) and
am trying to do a pthread_create per the man pages and am getting a -1
return (really fails) but a errno = 0.

        An FAQ from 1997 on this subject (only thing I can find) recognizes
this as a common problem an says to use "-mt" for both Sun compiler and
gcc.

        I do not have the Sun compiler but the gcc gives the following error:
$ gcc "-mt" pthread.c
cc1: Invalid option `t'
$

        Any clues?

        Thanks,
        Bill Main

PS please cc me directly until I am sure I am getting mail from the list
properly.

$  uname -a
SunOS london 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80
$ gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)