How to create a library?

From: CC111310
Subject: How to create a library?
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:15:47 -0000

Hi,
I'm hoping that somebody out there knows how to create a lib (i.e. .a file).
I'm having problems linking the files I've compiled.  I've got c , cpp and s
files compiled to object files using gcc (for strongarm processor) and then
I use arm-strongarm-coff-ld program to link the object files together.  When
I link the files without the cpp files and with the libgcc.a and another old
libSA110gnuvx.a file, everything works.  But when I add the cpp files, there
are many multiple declarations error and undefine symbol errors.  I think I
need to create a new lib file that has the necessary functions that i need
(and remove the functions that i don't use).  Please correct me if I'm
wrong.  Help.  Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
CC111310.