Problems compiling gcc/g++ 3.0.1 on SGI Irix 6.5.14

From: Leonard Wesley
Subject: Problems compiling gcc/g++ 3.0.1 on SGI Irix 6.5.14
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:51:22 -0800

Hi,

I have been having quite a few problems compiling the GNU gcc and g++
source on an O2 SGI running Irix 6.5.14.  With much pain I have hacked
the Makefiles to get to the point where libgcc  is built. However, I am now
at the point where for some reason  gmake is checking the configuation
of the system (after I already did a  configure) and it is saying to upgrade
to version  3.0 of gcc/g++, when In fact I am using version 3.0.1 to compile
the darn system. Actually all I need id to get a shared (versus static) version
of  libg2c.a   and then I don't care if gmake blows up.

Any ideas or experiences to share?

--Len Wesley