Excluding the libstdc++.so.5 library during runtime.

From: Kenneth R Leach
Subject: Excluding the libstdc++.so.5 library during runtime.
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:51:34 -0400

We recently upgraded our GNU compiler to 3.3.1. One of our applications
used to use the Sun Workshop compiler and is being converted to use GNU.
However, we have run into a problem. After building and linking the
executables, using g++, the executables fail to run in our lab due to the
libstdc++.so.5 library not being available.

Is there a way we can build our applications to include the functionality
of the shared library or exclude its use, so we do not have to have the
library installed?

for such purpose.