Re: Compiling g++ without another C compiler installed?

From: Robert Heller
Subject: Re: Compiling g++ without another C compiler installed?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 01:09:50 +0200

  Hemant Shah <shah@typhoon.xnet.com>,
  In a message on Wed, 19 May 2004 22:55:56 +0000 (UTC), wrote :

HS> Folks,
HS>
HS>   How do I compile g++ for the first time on a Solaris systsm which does not
HS>   have any C compiler?

You could cross build it (on a Linux box for example).

I beleive that there are pre-built binaries available somewhere on the
net.  You could start there.

HS>   Thanks.
HS>
HS> --
HS> Hemant Shah                           /"\  ASCII ribbon campaign
HS> E-mail: NoJunkMailshah@xnet.com       \ /  ---------------------
HS>                                        X     against HTML mail
HS> TO REPLY, REMOVE NoJunkMail           / \      and postings
HS> FROM MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.
HS> -----------------[DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED BULK E-MAIL]------------------
HS> I haven't lost my mind,                Above opinions are mine only.
HS> it's backed up on tape somewhere.      Others can have their own.

                                     \/
Robert Heller                        ||InterNet:   heller@cs.umass.edu
http://vis-www.cs.umass.edu/~heller  ||            heller@deepsoft.com
http://www.deepsoft.com              /\FidoNet:    1:321/153