breakpoint in constructor ignored

From: Claudio Jolowicz
Subject: breakpoint in constructor ignored
Date: 22 May 2004 10:12:22 -0700

Hi,

when I set a breakpoint in the constructor of a class, gdb does not
interrupt the program execution. the program is multi-threaded, but
the threads are only started after the constructor returns. the
constructor is defined in a .cpp file (BTW why does gdb _sometimes_
reject breakpoints in an inline function in a header file?)

tia,

Claudio

compiler: gcc 3.2.2 (g++) on linux 2.4.24 using pthread library
debugger: gdb 5.3

Ps. I'm new to this ng and apologise if OT.