TCP socket program where each node initiates connection with some nodes

From: Kathryn Bean
Subject: TCP socket program where each node initiates connection with some nodes and accepts connection with the others
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:27:30 GMT

I am designing application where each node initiates connection with nodes
and accepts connection with other nodes.  This application will be running
on Sun Unix platform.   I think each node should perform dual roles, be a
TCP client and a TCP server and executes client and server codes in two
different threads.  Is this approach correct?  How should my "server" accept
new connections?  One node can read several incoming messages and send
messages to different nodes.

Take care.
Kathryn