Re: gprof and inline methods

From: Konstantin Schauwecker
Subject: Re: gprof and inline methods
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:14:47 +0200

Lionel B wrote:

> You might try using the optimisation flag -O3. This defines
> -finline-functions (amongst other things).

Thanks, that solved the problem. I will add this to the default options of
my project. I thought g++ would really make every method inline which I
define as inline. I even tried adding the keyword "inline" to every method
but it didn't cause any changes.

Now no method of the position class occures in my profiler output and
everything is much faster but still too slow. I think I'll have to do some
more profiling ;-)