Re: stl-vector of pointers to elements of another vector

From: Lutz
Subject: Re: stl-vector of pointers to elements of another vector
Date: 25 Jan 2005 13:26:34 -0800

Hi again,

first I'd like to thank all for the very quick help. I tried the fix
with the operator, and it worked right away. I'm still having trouble
after a few years to get to grips with pointers etc. as I came from
Fortran90 and not from C to C++ which might explain my difficulties
with these things even after a long time (years ...)

As a sidenote, I've just tried to put the
push_back(test_itr.operator->()) in my program on the SUN machine, and
it is NOT working. The (&(*test_itr)) variant works, though. Seems
compiler programmers don't all have the same idea about what a standard
means - although they are geniuses in my mind ...

Regards,
    Lutz