Re: undefined error message for static variable during link phase

From: jk
Subject: Re: undefined error message for static variable during link phase
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:52:31 +0100

jk wrote:
struggling with C++ I run into an error which I do not understand.

see the attached files

the static variable foo1 is being declared undefined during link phase.

the various messages are in File undefErrMsg.txt

I have an example from "goto Objekt Orientierung" by Herold/Klar/Klar (Addison Wesley) which exactly allows this kind of use of a "static" variable

Soorryyy - I found the mistake: I have to define

int CFoo::foo1 = 0 ;

somewhere outside class definition ;((

--
http://www.ibk-consult.de