Re: make not work on some weired Makefile

From: Ulrich Eckhardt
Subject: Re: make not work on some weired Makefile
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 08:25:45 +0200

fsshl@yahoo.com wrote:
> clean:
>         rm $(PRO_MACHINE_TYPE)/utilities.o
>         [...]
> all: config proescore
>

> config: $(PRO_MACHINE_TYPE)/config.o $(PRO_MACHINE_TYPE)/utilities.o
>         [...]
>
> proescore: $(PRO_MACHINE_TYPE)/proescore.o
>         [...]

> # make
> rm /utilities.o /proescore.o /config.o /proescore /config
> rm: cannot remove `/utilities.o': No such file or directory
[...]
> for me, it seems Makefile did not call c compiler before clean(rm)

Err, well, I'd say the default target should be 'all' and not 'clean', so
move that target up so it is the first. Also, 'clean' should not fail if
some files are missing, so prefix every rm call with a '-'.

Other than that, why are you posting to the group devoted only to the C++
compiler of the GCC?

Uli

--
http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html