Re: Formatted output with std::basic_ostream

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Formatted output with std::basic_ostream
Date: 17 Dec 2005 14:11:57 -0700

>>>>> "Roger" == Roger Leigh <${rleigh}@invalid.whinlatter.ukfsn.org.invalid>
>>>>> writes:

Roger> I've since rewritten the application in C++, but it's still using
Roger> printf() for output.  I would like to switch to iostreams, but I need
Roger> to be able to continue to use format strings for translated messages,
Roger> because 'ostream<<' does not allow reordering; it's fixed at compile
Roger> time.  I can't see anything in e.g. basic_ostream<> that allows this.

Boost has some kind of formatter code that can be used for this.

Tom