Re: newbie Q.: GNU STL set<>, LinuxThreads, signals, setitimer => misbeh

From: Frantisek . Rysanek
Subject: Re: newbie Q.: GNU STL set<>, LinuxThreads, signals, setitimer => misbehavior
Date: 16 Feb 2006 02:37:17 -0800

Indeed, gentlemen Strieder and Dennett were right.
The ONLY problem was in me iterating past the end().
Upon end()++, either this op or the comparison operator
got locked in an endless loop that would eat all available
CPU time.

Once I implemented my traversal loops the way these two
gentlemen suggested, both set<> and map<> work precisely.
No iterators are invalidated, except for the deleted one.
As I said before, all my threading, timing and signals are now
perfectly sane.

Thanks again for your help :-)

Frank Rysanek