g++ 3.4.3 - #pragma pack versus #pragma HP_ALIGN

From: Erik Woulfe
Subject: g++ 3.4.3 - #pragma pack versus #pragma HP_ALIGN
Date: 23 Feb 2006 08:34:55 -0800

I am attempting to control alignment of data storage in my code. I am
currently using g++ version 3.4.3. I am attempting to try both #pragma
pack(1)/#pragma pack() and #pragma HP_ALIGN NOPADDING PUSH/#pragma
HP_ALIGN POP to see which would work. However, when I compile using g++
showing all warnings, I get warnings telling me that both sets of
pragmas were ignored - is g++ actually ignoring the pragmas totally, or
just during a certain step of compilation?