How to improve the slower compile time in g++ 3.4.2

From: sheikashrub
Subject: How to improve the slower compile time in g++ 3.4.2
Date: 13 Apr 2006 11:18:30 -0700

Hi,
   We recently switched from g++ 2.95.3 to g++ 3.4.2. This has resulted
in increasing the total compile time of the project by about 2-3 times.
Infact if I just compile one file at time 3.4.2 takes about 5-6 times
more than 2.95.3. I see that many people have reported the same issue.

    Is there any improvement that could be done to improve the compile
time in g++ 3.4.2?

Thanks,
Sheik.