Re: File Size Limit Exceeded G++ Linux

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: File Size Limit Exceeded G++ Linux
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:31:40 -0700

"Peter Nolan" <peter@peternolan.com> writes:

> From waht you are saying Paul I will need to get the 'gnu/linux suport'
> to install a newer version of the compiler or rebuild it as you
> suggest.

Yes, that's what it looks like.

I just checked my gcc-2.95.3, and its libstdc++ doesn't have
fopen64 references, so I suspect your best bet is to ask the client
to install the latest gcc-3.x (currently 3.4.6) and try your test
with it.

>       ofstream        output ;
>       output.write(ws_io_buffer,(int) strlen(ws_io_buffer)) ;

This confirms that my guess was correct.
You could work around the problem by using FILE* instead (assuming
you don't have too many ofstreams around):

   FILE *output;
   output = fopen(..., "w");
   fwrite(ws_io_buffer, 1, strlen(ws_io_buffer), output); ...
   fclose(output);

This (compiled with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64) will allow you to write
large files even with the current compiler.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.