Re: Static link trouble

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Static link trouble
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:20:35 -0700

Robert Heller <heller@deepsoft.com> writes:

>> Can I link the stdc++ statically and the ACE library dinamic?

Yes. See this recent thread for a recipe:
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.gcc.help/browse_frm/thread/868216e4b1b73754

> Why do you want to do that???

The reasoning usually goes like this:

  I build on FC2, and want the binary to run on all systems not older
  than that. Without static linking of libstdc++, FC2-built binary
  will fail on e.g. FC5, unless libstdc++-compat is installed on it.

  I also want it to run on systems that don't have libstdc++
  installed at all (this could be the case on a "production server",
  which often doesn't have g++ installed).

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.