Link to static library from DSO without exporting symbols?

From: Boris
Subject: Link to static library from DSO without exporting symbols?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:26:03 +0300

Is it possible to link to a static library from a DSO without exporting the
symbols in the DSO again? I have a DSO here for example which makes use of
the Expat XML parser. When I link the Expat XML parser though the DSO
exports all symbols of the Expat XML parser. Is there any option to tell g++
or the linker not to do this? From what I understand the rule of thumb is to
make the list of exported symbols as short as possible?

Boris