Problems with std::locale when upgrading form 3.3.6 to 3.4.6

From: Pep
Subject: Problems with std::locale when upgrading form 3.3.6 to 3.4.6
Date: 29 Sep 2006 05:52:47 -0700

Our code used to compile happily under g++ 3.3.6 but now that we have
 upgraded the compiler to version 3.4.6 our code breaks when linking
 with this error message

undefined reference to `std::locale::id::id()

Can anyone tell me why and what the solution is?

I have been ploughing through the g++ 3.4.6 release notes to correct
 template problems and now do not know where to look having come across

 this problem :(

TIA,
 Pep.