Re: Problems with std::locale when upgrading form 3.3.6 to 3.4.6

From: Pep
Subject: Re: Problems with std::locale when upgrading form 3.3.6 to 3.4.6
Date: 7 Oct 2006 04:35:10 -0700

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> "Pep" <pepaltavista@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
> > undefined reference to `std::locale::id::id()
>
> You have some code that was compiled with g++ 3.3.6, that you
> didn't recompile, and are trying to link in.
>
> Code compiled with different versions of g++ is generally not
> link-compatible.
>
> > Can anyone tell me why and what the solution is?
>
> Recompile *everything* with the new compiler.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.
> Remove /-nsp/ for email.

Thanks for the reply but your suggestion whilst being sound for most
cases has not worked this time around.

I have reposted this problem under the following link as I have found
out exactly where the problem now lies though I must confess I am now
completely confused about what the problem actually is and how to fix
it.

Subject: g++34 std::locale::id seems to be different under debug mode?

Cheers,
Pep.