about symbol of protected virtual function

From: zmwillow
Subject: about symbol of protected virtual function
Date: 7 Jan 2007 23:47:56 -0800

Hi all,

g++ (GCC) 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-54)

I have a class CLASS_A in my shared library, CLASS_A has a PROTECTED
virtual method named func_foo().

but when I checked its symbol using readelf, I found this function is
not start with _ZTV, for example, run command:
readelf -DWs MY_LIBRARY.so | grep func_foo()
the result is like:
177 162: 00008df8 10896    FUNC GLOBAL DEFAULT  11
_ZN15CLASS_A7func_fooERK8QCStringRK6QArrayIcE

but for all the PUBLIC virtual methods, their symbols are all start
with "_ZTV".

so I want to known, what's the rule that GCC used to generate the
symbols, especially for the virtual functions. thanks.

Regards,
zmwillow