Re: Problem in Loading library using g++

From: Hunk
Subject: Re: Problem in Loading library using g++
Date: 6 Feb 2007 02:04:45 -0800

On Feb 6, 9:35 am, "Hunk" <santosh.udyav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a zillion. Tried with the first option and it did work...
> Gr888
> On Feb 5, 7:27 pm, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov-...@charter.net>
> >
> >   g++ -o Concurrency.exe nothread.o
> > "D:\RoseTests\Myzthread\Debug\libMyzthread.a"

Reading thru the info on g++ it says
"Search the library named library when linking.  (The second alter-
 native with the library as a separate argument is only for POSIX
compliance and is not recommended.)"
So does this mean what you have specified above is not generally used?
Also at the end in the manual it says
"The only difference between using an -l option and specifying
     a file name is that -l surrounds library with lib and .a and
     searches several directories."
So if we do want to give somethin with -l option should it be
specified without a lib prefix and .a suffix? somethin that you have
mentioned below