Re: HelloWorld.c CRASHES when moved from FC6 to FC3!!

From: troubled_gcc_user
Subject: Re: HelloWorld.c CRASHES when moved from FC6 to FC3!!
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:32:49 -0600

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:14:20 +0100, Robert Heller <heller@deepsoft.com> wrote:
> At Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:55:00 -0600 troubled_gcc_user@aol.com wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:35:37 +0100, Robert Heller <heller@deepsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I'm guessing you did not re-compile for FC3?
>>
>> Correct.
>>
>> > Most likely the Glibc is different between FC6 and FC3 and the FC6
>> > build is not (by default) downward compatible.  What happens when
>> > you re-compile it *under* FC3?
>>
>> I am sure that it will work fine -- but our build boxes ARE FC6 and
>> out production boxes ARE FC3.
>>
>> I need to find a solution to building downward compatible apps under
>> FC6 that would run on FC3.
>>
>> I really need your help here.
>
> I guess you need a 'compat' build chain & library set on your FC6 boxes.

Robert, would you say that I need these two packages? Makes sense?

compat-gcc-34.i386                       3.4.6-4                core

Matched from:
compat-gcc-34
Compatibility GNU Compiler Collection
This package includes a GCC 3.4.6-RH compatibility compiler.

compat-gcc-34-c++.i386                   3.4.6-4                core

Matched from:
compat-gcc-34-c++
C++ support for compatibility compiler
This package includes a GCC 3.4.6-RH compatibility C++ compiler.