How to inspect and debug STL containers?

From: foxx
Subject: How to inspect and debug STL containers?
Date: 22 Feb 2007 03:54:35 -0800

I'm moving to g++/gdb from Visual Studio.  But I'm confused about how
to debug my STL containers:  in VS there is a GUI that lets you
inspect the containers, for example clicking through a tree viewer to
see the elements of a list.  What is the GDB equivilent of this?  I
know for vector you can look at elements directly, myvector[i], but
what about other container types?

I'm often dealing with nested types like list<list<vector<myobject*> >
> so I need a method flexible enough to handle these sensibly.

thanks