Re: error : extra qualification

From: Gelu Ionescu
Subject: Re: error : extra qualification
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:16:02 +0100

Many thanks Paul,

It was clear for me why the error occurred but, the include file is read only (it comes with an external package)

Thanks again,

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:

Gelu Ionescu <ionescu@lis.inpg.fr> writes:

I have an old include file containing this statements:

class MPEyeFinder : public MPISearchFaceDetector {
  GPrior MPEyeFinder::setROI(FaceObject* &face, feature_type eye_type);
};

This code is broken, and you really ought to fix it. The fix
is trivial:

   GPrior setROI(FaceObject* &face, feature_type eye_type);

You could work around this by adding '-fpermissive' flag, but then
you risk that your own bogus code that should have been rejected,
will be accepted.

You could have done much better with a test case. Minimal test
case is:

struct Foo {
    int Foo::f();
};

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:

Gelu Ionescu <ionescu@lis.inpg.fr> writes:

My code evolves towards the gcc412 compiler and I have an

A. Because doing so makes the conversation harder to read.
Q. Why should I not top-post?

Please do not top-post.

Cheers,